Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Paper Airplanes


Airplanes are totally not my department.  I gained an appreciation during the early years of our marriage living on Air Force bases, but appreciation does not an expert make.

So you can imagine my panic when Micah asked me to make him a paper airplane!

I have never been able to make a paper airplane that actually flew well.  You know, fold in half, fold two corners, fold down the wings, voila.  You have now created a terrible paper toy.

But in this age of limitI consulted the trusty internets, quickly find a super easy tutorial.  It has diagrams, which is what we used, but also step-by-step photos for the truly inept.  I folded the first few steps, then he jumped in to finish off the last few.  We flew it a few times, then he decided it needed some decorations.  The circles are the passenger windows.



It flies amazingly well, when the pilot is experienced.  It flew 15 feet or more.  The less experienced pilot might fly it straight into the ground, but since it is blunt-nosed, it will live to fly another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share