Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Life is an Experiment

Have you ever tried to do things the way you were told, only to have things go awry?  I feel like that a lot.  Why don't things just WORK the way I want them to?

I think it's probably God's way of telling me that He made me (all of us) to be me and unlike anybody else.  I can't just copy somebody I admire and get the same results.  Probably I am only seeing what I like in their life, anyway.  Everybody struggles with something.

That's not to say people I know don't have valuable advice to dispense.  After all, wisdom is gained throughout a lifetime.  Plus, people's different temperaments, talents, and experiences can give them a view of things that I've never dreamed of before.

So I try something and it works, or I try something and it doesn't work.  Most often I don't despair.  Sometimes I do, for a while.  Most often that is when it's something that involves my boys.  It's scary how I am starting to see my flaws in them.  I think some of that is genetic, but a lot of it is that they live with me!  Poor kids.

I am big on making a change when something is not working.  Sometimes the change doesn't work either, but at least I try.  Or I try to try.  And we keep going until it works.


Anyway, this is a space for my experiments.  Some of them will be about raising my kids.  But others will be about making stuff.  I have this NEED to create on a regular basis.  Sometimes it's food, sometimes it's a craft, sometimes it's graphics.  If I go too long without creating something, it's like being stuck inside doing homework on a beautiful day.  I start going a little crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share