Saturday, October 27, 2012

Meals for the Week

"Meatball Nirvana" from allrecipes.com
Each week I will be posting our meal plan.

Sometimes we just get in a rut with our cooking, and so I try to include at least one new recipe a week.  Sometimes I get adventurous and do three a week.  This week I have two, relatively safe choices.

I also try to avoid having the same meat two days in a row, but that doesn't always work out.  We aim for one seafood item a week, but depending on prices, sometimes we don't.  There is almost guaranteed to be one whole-chicken dinner and one dinner using ground beef, though.

I don't live and die by my own meal plans, but they are great for keeping organized.  I am quite alright with switching up the days or modifying my plan if anything comes up.  We buy less food now, 
things rarely go to waste, and we have great leftovers for lunch!
By the way, if you missed my Two-Week Meal Planner printable, check it out!

This Week:

 Sunday


Salmon Quiche (using leftover salmon from Saturday's dinner instead of the crab that is called for)
Salad

Monday
Picante pork over rice
Roasted vegetables

Tuesday
Mashed potatoes & salad

Wednesday
White bean soup with chicken

Thursday
Steak
Roasted potatoes & peas

Friday
Salad

Saturday
Spaghetti with meatballs
Salad & Garlic Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share