Monday, May 14, 2012

New Camera

About a dozen years ago I got a SLR camera for my birthday.  It was sweet.  I loved taking pictures with it.  It was a Pentax ZX-M.  After I had my first baby, though, it became a lot to pack around, digital cameras were taking off, and it just got forgotten.  I have used it a handful of times in the last 9 years, but it has been sitting around, figuratively collecting dust for quite some time.  There is just something to be said for being able to click away as needed (and delete as needed).

Nowadays, 35mm film is almost an antique.  But there is hope!  The DSLR camera has become pretty affordable these days.  My husband snatched up a Canon EOS Rebel T3 on a deal-a-day site a couple of weeks ago, and we have been playing with it since it arrived. 

I have found that (surprise!) I remember almost nothing from the photography class I took in college. This is an on-going experiment in re-learning what I have forgotten about photography and then building on that.  I know there is a lot I don't know, not only about apertures and f stops, but also image files and editing.  But for now, I'll start simple from what I know and work me way up.

I was able to mess around, take about 20 pictures of Caleb across the table at breakfast and have a few turn out.   So as a tribute to that, my first DSLR photo:



Caleb's a great subject because he is relaxed in front of the camera and has amazing green eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share